Part of the thrill of skiing and snowboarding is enjoying the refreshing winter weather. By dressing properly, you'll stay comfortable no matter what Mother Nature throws at you.
- Dress in layers. A number of lighter layers allow you to adjust your clothing as the temperature changes.
- Wear a base layer of long underwear or tights.
- Warm collared shirt, turtleneck, sweater or fleece.
- Water and wind resistant pants are the best bet, and you will be very glad you have them. Snow or ski pants are ideal, but jeans are OK as long as you bring an extra pair. Avoid sweat pants, they get wet very quickly! Be sure your pants are wide enough at the bottom of the legs to fit over large boots.
- Jacket or shell with a high collar, once again water and wind resistant is best.
- High socks. Only wearing one pair is best. Avoid socks with big, thick seams if possible.
- Eye protection. Either sunglasses or goggles.
- Gloves or mittens. Gloves allow more freedom of movement, but mittens are warmer - either way waterproof is best. Avoid knit gloves, they get wet very quickly.
- Warm hat that covers your ears. The old saying "If your feet are cold, put on a hat" is true!
- Sunscreen and lip balm, SPF 15 or greater. Even on cloudy days it is very easy to get too much sun when on the snow.
- Be sure to bring extra clothes to change into for the ride home!
- You will also need a driver's license or credit card to rent skis or a snowboard. Please bring them with you to the ticket windows!
The Liberty Mountain Sports Shop, conveniently located just steps from the slopes, carries everything listed above. Stop by the shop upon arrival to Liberty and our friendly staff will help you complete your outfit!
So, now on to where to go when you arrive...
Back to What to Know